As unity is the strength of any Apostolic house, disunity through distraction is surely it’s worst enemy.
I recommend a short prayer to you…
Lord Jesus, you said the local Church’s purpose is to be a house of prayer for all nations. God, I ask you in the name of Jesus, to give me a heart of prayer for my family, my Church, my nation and the nations of the world.
To put it simply, the Church of Jesus Christ in America needs to PRAY, WHALE, INTERCEDE so that God can turn impossible situations around!
We all see the clear evidence that we need God’s intervention in all sort of situations. The question is, if God is all powerful, why doesn’t he JUST DO IT! Well, it’s a great question and the answer is found in understanding what happens when God speaks. Here’s what I mean.
Transfer of Dominion
God gave the power of attorney or dominion of the earth to mankind (Genesis 1:26). Basically, in the context of this article, this meant that in order for God to maintain His holiness, He could not operate in the earth without the agreement of mankind. Once God makes a decision and declares it, it is irreversible. This is why God put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the midst of the garden. Adam and Eve’s willingness to refrain from touching the tree symbolized their agreement of God’s divine ruler ship over their lives. Even though Adam and Eve failed to obey God, the dominion given to them did not return to God, but was transferred over to Satan, which he still retains to this day.
So Satan was successful at distracting Adam and Eve from their divine assignment of having dominion over and subduing the earth to operating in the flesh in order to become more like God, even though they were already the highest order of being other than God Himself.
So, after God transferred dominion of the earth to mankind, He put Himself in a position where He would need the obedience or agreement of mankind to do His will in the earth. That said, it should be clear at this point why prayer is so critical in order for God to operate in the midst of mankind in the earth. If this isn’t enough to convince you, please carefully consider the following passage of scripture.
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.
Matthew 21:12-14 (KJV)
Let’s take a close look at exactly what’s happening in this passage of scripture.
- Jesus decides to enter into a Church service.
- Upon entering, Jesus finds people interested in getting stuff for themselves. People interested in selling stuff to the first group. However, no one seems to be there for the very reason God commanded the construction of the temple or Church…TO BE GOD’S HOUSE OF PRAYER FOR ALL NATIONS! The place where men and women come to call on God to intervene in the affairs of mankind in the earth. Isaiah 56:7, Jeremiah 7:11, Mark 11:17
- So since there are way too many people distracted from the true purpose of their attendance to the embassy of God’s Kingdom in the earth, Jesus disrupts the entire service by removing every distracted person and the objects of their distraction.
- Jesus then proceeds to teach those remaining in the Church concerning the atmosphere necessary for God to intervene in the affairs of mankind.
- Upon concluding His teaching anchored in the Word of God, God the Father and the Holy Spirit work in unison with Jesus confirming His teaching with miracles, signs and wonders!
- Scripture then reveals a astounding truth. While the distractions were allowed to remain in the house of God, the power of God wasn’t free to manifest the benefits of God’s presence.
While many Churches in America are in a weakened state, the pattern revealed here by the Lord Jesus, promises a sure result. REMOVING THE DISTRACTIONS TO PRAYER AND TEACHING THOSE UNWILLING TO PRAY INVITES GOD’S INTERVENTION IN THE CHURCH!
I recommend a short prayer to you…
Lord Jesus, you said the local Church’s purpose is to be a house of prayer for all nations. God, I ask you in the name of Jesus, to give me a heart of prayer for my family, for my Church, for the nation in which I live and the nations across the globe.