Jesus is calling believers to enter and live in the supernatural realm.
For years now, at the beginning of each adult Sunday School class I teach, I have led the students into a weekly confession of supernatural living. In this post, I want to share the heart of God the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit for every believer.
More than 12 years ago, as I sat in the Sunday School class of my second mentor Elder Audley Redwood, he would lead the class in a weekly confession of Ephesians 1:17-23. I never really understood why he chose this particular passage of scripture to confess every week. Well, for the last 6 years or so, the Holy Spirit has been revealing the purpose of this confession to me, and I want to share it with you.
Many of God’s people have, at one time or another, experienced the supernatural realm and the power of God and/or Satan that exists in that realm. However, many of us, including myself, really haven’t understood it nor exercised our spiritual senses enough to constantly live in this realm. Either we are scared out of our wits when we encounter dark forces in this realm, and never want to return. Or, on the flip-side, we experience God’s supernatural power, get the little bit that was made available to us, then we run away skipping and leaping. All the while not fully understanding that what we just received was analogous to taking an hors d’oeuvre from a 5 star restaurant when we could have remained and had a 12 course meal.
God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all eagerly desire to teach believers about supernatural living in preparation for the Kingdom Jesus will setup and rule on this earth. Jesus’ death has already provided the Grace we need to have access to the supernatural realm. For those of you who are tormented by fear of what will happen if you enter this realm, I kindly remind you that God has not given you a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind. Jesus said He would never leave nor forsake us, this means, He will also be with you as you learn to enter and then to live in the supernatural realm. After all, that’s where Jesus lives now. Ephesians 1:3.
I invite you to read the following passage of scripture carefully.
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.
Eph 1:17-23 (NIV)
Let’s take a closer look at the passage above together.
- First, Paul prays that God the Father would give the believers at Ephesus a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that they would know God the Father in a better and deeper way. Jesus said, if we have seen or know Him, we have seen and know the Father. Jesus also said the Holy Spirit would only give us what He has received from Jesus and Jesus said he does nothing of Himself, but only what the Father has shown Him. So when you read the Him in this passage, it represents every part of the One True and Living Triune God. This is important because a critical part of spiritual warfare is believers apprehending all that God the Father has ordained we should have. Satan wants to keep believers tethered, tied and yoked to things on the earth, even though scripture commands to seek out things that are in heaven where Jesus is seated Colossians 3:1. Satan knows full well that if we begin to understand what has been hidden from our supernatural eyes, we will know he is defeated and that we have already been made victorious. Please also notice that Paul is not praying for natural understanding. He specifically is asking God the Father to give us something spiritual, something supernatural.
- Paul also, in addition to the request for a spirit of wisdom and revelation, ask that the eyes of our understanding have light enter them so that we can see into and understand the supernatural realm. When we pray according to the will of God the Father, we have confidence that only will God hear what we pray, but our prayer is put before His very presence.
- Paul wants the light of the Kingdom of God to enter into our spiritual eyes so that we can begin to understand and become intimately familiar with the following three dimensions
- First, to fully understand the hope to which God the Father has called us. This is a direct reference to the Hope of Glory; Jesus Christ, the Hope of Salvation. Fully understanding the Hope of Glory gives us supernatural strength to face every fear, come over or thru every obstacle erected by Satan and maintain righteous endurance throughout the entire assignment we have been given
- Second, so that we would fully become acquainted with the benefits of the inheritance every believer has been given by God the Father.
- Lastly, that every believer would live and dwell in a place where we become intimately familiar with the power of God made available to us. The very same power that raised Jesus from the dead, exalted Jesus above every name that is named and established Jesus’ eternal authority at the right hand of God.
- Finally, it is crystal clear from this passage that it is the perfect will of God the Father for all believers to partake in all three of these areas that were demonstrated in the life of Christ.
Dear beloved ones of God, you have ALREADY been given permission to LIVE in the supernatural realm in the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no devil in or out of hell that can keep you from this inheritance. Remember the simple yet eternally profound words of Jesus; ONLY BELIEVE! If we ask ANYTHING of the Father, in Jesus’ name, the Father will give us what we ask for.
The Holy Spirit of God, that was given to you when you were baptized by fire, is your personal guide into the supernatural realm. Allow Him to guide you into everything the Lord Jesus desires to show you. Submission and humility are the hallmarks of every servant. Be willing to only go and see that which God the Father has ordained for you to experience and watch God fulfill His will for your life.
I encourage every person that reads this post, ask your Father in heaven to open the eyes of your understanding so that you can know depth of His love for you.
I recommend a short closing prayer to you…
Father, in the name of Jesus, according to this information, it is your will that I experience the supernatural realm. I ask you Father to open the eyes of my understanding so that I can know you better and fully become intimate with the riches of my inheritance.