We are, without a doubt, in the last days. Want a prayer list, then read on.
I recommend an opening prayer to you
Lord Jesus, you know the stress, anxiety and relentless attack on your Word and the faith of the saints. Lord please give me endurance so that I positively impact those around me, for the sake of your Kingdom. Don’t allow me to be molded by my surroundings.
Beloved of God, we are all called to be witnesses to the grace and mercy that our Father in heaven has shown each one of us. Since God knew we would need guidance during the last days, Jesus Himself revealed the strategy to overcoming the attacks of Satan and his forces to the Apostle John in the book of Revelation:
- We witness to the love and mercy the Lord Jesus has shown us personally
- The Blood of the Lamb
- Which ratified the New Testament
- And according to I John 1:7 the Blood of Jesus continues to cleanse us each day as we walk in the light and have fellowship with one another (get along with and love one another – see Psalm 133).
- We are not concerned with preserving our own life to the point we’re willing to abandon what we know God has appointed us to do.
In this post I want to share a passage of scripture that the Holy Spirit illuminated for me in a moment of prayer for a friend of mine that is walking away from what he once proclaimed was the place God ordained for him to be. My question was, Father how did this happen? What I’m sharing with you was the answer Jesus gave me.
Then they will hand you over to suffer affliction and tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.And then many will be offended and repelled and will begin to distrust and desert [Him Whom they ought to trust and obey] and will stumble and fall away and betray one another and pursue one another with hatred.And many false prophets will rise up and deceive and lead many into error.And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity,But he who endures to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24:9-13 (Amplified Bible)
Without much commentary, let’s pull some highlights from this profound truth the Lord Jesus revealed.
- They will – Since I John tells us Satan is the prince of the power of the air, we know the power working behind the “they”. Those who identify with the Lord Jesus Christ are under a planned, systematic, relentless and open attack designed to provoke believers to abandon the Word of God as the final authority in their decision making process. It has even reached the point where people openly verbalize their hatred for anything remotely close to Jesus. So true followers of Jesus Christ are under constant attack on all sides.
- Jesus reveals that the constant attack is designed to bring about an offense.
- The offense is designed to cause people to draw back from the faith and their brothers and sisters in the faith
- Drawing back then has the effect of birthing distrust and abandonment toward the Lord Jesus Himself and His purposes for their lives.
- Ultimately resulting in not only betrayal but an actual attempt to damage brothers and/or sisters in Christ.
- Once the betrayal and attacks have run their coarse, Jesus says false prophets rise up or are birthed, leading many into error.
- Once false teachers rise up, the love in peoples hearts for one another grows cold as a direct result of multiplied lawlessness and iniquity.
According to the words of Jesus, if your entrance into ministry is the result of an unresolved offense you suffered in a previous relationship, you are a candidate to become a false teacher or to be misled by one. Beloved of God, we must give the Lord Jesus access to the hurt areas of our heart so that we don’t build on anything but the rock, the Lord Jesus.
Thank GOD for the “but” Jesus includes after this discourse. Jesus tells the disciples that the people that endure this dark season to the end “WILL BE SAVED“. Not might be saved, but will be saved.
My brother and my sister, I want to encourage you. Yes, the attacks are real and yes the offense is real. However, remember this, Jesus promised never to leave nor forsake you. Jesus also promised that the gates or governing powers of hell would not prevail against the Church He is building. Dear beloved one of God, God loves you and has your best interest at heart. People may have disappointed you and even attempted to harm you, but God is not that way. Please remember your love for the Lord Jesus Christ and allow that love for Him and the love he has demonstrated to you; to govern how you love your brothers and sisters in Christ. Love is the weapon that Satan can never contend with.
As usual, I recommend a short prayer to you
Lord Jesus, you know my inner most thoughts, emotions and fears. Lord I come to you with the humility of a little child asking that you keep me safe from the will of the enemy in these last days. Jesus your Word says that in our weakness is your strength made perfect. Strengthen me Lord with your endurance and your joy, that I might be saved to spend eternity with you.